Monday, April 07, 2014

13 weeks and counting....

Yup, there is apparently 13 weeks till I complete my first Ironman.  It seems like only yesterday that I was signing up for this event and now it is almost here.

Tonight is a "night off" as I ran a race yesterday (glenco icebreaker)and obtained a PB.   Getting a PB has put me in a better frame of mind for IM as I had to learn to focus and dig deep for this race and that is exactly what I did!  Focus and digging deep is what I will need for my 15 hour gaol time for IM.

The training has not been too gruelling to-date for IM but it has all been very doable, however it has taken over my life - but for the better. I am a much stronger athlete, I have lost 15 pounds (I am in a size 6 dress), eat better, cut back on my alcohol intake (had to cause I can't hold my liquor anymore), have become more disciplined in my training and have learn to relax when I need to.

Yes I am a bit worried and nervous but someone said to me the other "it's a long day to be nervous" so I am determined to just breathe and soak in all I can on the day.


No comments: